Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Golden Rule

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

It's referred to as a 'golden rule' for a reason and I think often times, it's completely overlooked or totally shrugged off. Lately I've been very conscious of this saying and have been trying to live by it, although of course not 100% of the time (it's hard).

But being kind and offering a hand is one thing, but what do you do when your hand becomes a doormat? Are you supposed to just stop and be selfish, or shrug it off and continue even when your actions and words aren't exactly reciprocated or appreciated? If you know me well, you know that this is and has always been a problem for me.

Well after a series of events I think I'm going to start figuring it all out, it'll get messy but I'm up for it.

....

On a lighter note (: I'm going to be handing in all of my garments on Thursday.
woo hoooo!!

I also bought a one-way ticket back to California for only 99$ what a deal. I'll be back home at 9:56 pm on June 2.

2 comments:

  1. Esther, you are always so wise... :) the golden rule is a precious one to follow! But yes you have to make sure to set ground rules as to not be a doormat...it is not about being rude or mean, but just making sure that YOU make sure others know where you stand, and this can be done with the utmost sophistication and grace, and you are someone who has both!!! :)

    $99 for a ticket to California!!??? :[) AHHH I need to jump on that! I fly/move June 1st! :[) I can see it now...all the hoards of students fleeing Parsons, grasping for breath once we leave the building, looking up at the sky, hand over face and covering our eyes...is it possible, is that.......the....sun???? :[) heheheh lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. (: oh roxy you just made my day. i cannot wait to hand everything in tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete