Sunday, March 15, 2009

unneccesary anxiety

Since I'll be home from March 18 - 23, I had to force myself to get as much work done this weekend so I wouldn't be screwed when I got back. Thus I worked from Wednesday - Saturday night only taking breaks for meals, and at night to sleep obviously. It started off ok but come Thursday I was feeling so overwhelmed and suffocated by my work load. This feeling led right into Friday morning when I woke up in a panic, emailed my boss to tell him I wouldn't be coming in, then went back to bed after reading a passage from My Utmost for His Highest.
I felt better when I woke up, and started listening to all of the songs from the David Crowder Band.



It really really helped me calm down and re-focus my attention. It made me realize that...

-what I'm doing is making clothes and not saving lives
-I'm doing something that I love doing so I should be grateful
-that this is all temporary and there are far more important things to take care of
-I'll get it done sooner or later
-I can only do my best

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

...My thesis is NOT my life, it is just a project for SCHOOL that has the potential to affect my career if it is meant to be...

I had this engraved into my mind first semester which is why I was able to work so happily and efficiently but somewhere along the the line I put more pressure on myself for no reason.


Anyway, now that look 5 and 6 are ready to be fit, NOT complete but ready to be fit on March 24, I can breathe a little easier. But for now until I leave I'm going to work on cleaning up my portfolio because I have my first interview for a REAL job on Thursday in LA with Right Bank Babies. It'd be great if it works out.

"smilers never lose, and frowners never win"

1 comment:

  1. i think we all need that reminder from time to time... thanks for reminding me because i was beginning to go into panic attack mode too!!!

    ReplyDelete