Friday, January 23, 2009

Fun Filled

Nothing to worry about because He always leads me to the coolest things.

So sometime last semester I was online searching for internship opportunities for the Spring semester. I ended up on a Yahoo job searching page where I saw that Juicy Couture needed PR interns. I have absolutely no PR experience and my resume proves that, but I shamelessly sent it in anyway.

During winter break Ugil and I were having our usual lunch at Ajisen Ramen in San Gabriel when my phone rang and it was a 212 number, NYC. I kind of freaked out because I had no idea who it was. I answered anyway and it was a recruiting coordinator from Liz Claiborne and she was interested in meeting with me to discuss the internship.

The interview was scheduled for a day after I got back into the city and I was nervous, I had no idea what to expect, but I grabbed a couple copies of my resume and packed my unimpressive-still-a-work-in-progress portfolio. I freaked out a bit because I sat in a tiny office across the table from 3 ladies. They told me to walk them through my past experiences and I did...Solitary Man wardrobe intern, Jumping Jelly children's boutique, Elizabeth & James design intern, Scrubs and The Office wardrobe intern.......

and then they interrupted me and asked about Zach Braff, the rest of the cast, the season of the show, the new episodes.....and we just went off in this huge tangent about how great Scrubs is.

So that was my interview and the lead girl told me that she's going to search for a really great internship for me, somewhere I can learn a lot, and meet a lot of great people....soooo she set up an interview with the design director at Isaac Mizrahi.

Yep he's the Target guy but he's also a creative director for all of Liz Claiborne, Inc, and also heads his own collection named after himself and that is where I'll be this semester.

A lot of great stuff happened during my interviews with the recruitment coordinators and with the design director that should have given me confidence about life after college but for some reason I was blinded, I gave credit to myself and my 'awesome' interviewing skills and couldn't see that He was just blessing me with opportunities like He always seems to do.

I wasn't feeling good about this semester, but after hearing and reading Good words I know everything will be ok.

Off to the internship orientation I go.


*peace*

No comments:

Post a Comment